WHAT IS TCOR RADIO:
We are all inspired by music. Music has brought many of us out of the fire and given us inspiration in almost every accomplishment throughout our existence. To say music isn’t one of the biggest influences EVER would be more than just a mistake in judgement. Movies would not be movies without it. A memory would not be as memorable. Without music the world would most certainly be a strange place.
TCOR Radio was created with one simple goal in mind. Sharing music with the masses needs no ulterior motive. There is no hidden agenda with TCOR. We simply want to share the experience of rock, metal and sub-genre’s with those who share the same thirst and hunger we do.
TCOR Radio is a 24/7 stream of rock and metal.
For more information about the TCOR, it’s history and related companies visit our FAQ, Links and Contact Page. Stay tuned as the evolution of TCOR Radio takes over the world.
Also visit The Chronicles of Rock Radio and it’s specialty shows on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and ReverbNation.
THE HISTORY OF TCOR:
It all started in 1992 as S.P.A.M.M. Magazine (Seattle Portland Area Music Magazine) and evolved into projects such as The Bone (music venue) & Eli’s (music venue) simultaneously supporting a few Portland, Oregon, bands such as Wreck Creation and Psychodrome. The hands of time continued in a circular path and continued to support Portland’s local music scene. SOS Magazine soon went National via Tower Records in 1997 and evolved into Son Of Spamm! Magazine before morphing into its television version called SOStv. Due to an underlying threat letter from the Hormel Company in 1999 and conversation with Carmen Elektra at L.A.’s NATPE convention in 2000, SPAM reference became a fork-in-the-road, SOStv thus evolving BMBtv aka “Tha Bomb” Television. In 2001, the World Trade Center 9/11 disaster made “Tha Bomb” a reference that simply couldn’t, shouldn’t and wouldn’t be used. Finally, after a brief hiatus, The Chronicles Of Rock Reality Show was formulated as a concept that would reward bands with a prize package which included: full band gear (all the way down to sticks and picks), gas cards and a National music tour called “Music For Military”. The simple reality show format without the “staged” antics and with the real behind-the-scenes mentality, outside of the hook of gear vs cash or a record contract, earned the attention of networks such as Spike, Fox and MTV Networks. The judge panel was even set to gather the attention of the rock and metal masses as the TCOR pilot included Maria Brink (In This Moment), Jamey Jasta (Hatebreed, host of Headbanger’s Ball on MTV2) and The Enigma (Jim Rose Circus Sideshow) for the 2-hour network-geared show. Another black cat crossed mrBlack’s path as the decline of the economy caused the Fox Networks, who became the soon-to-be launch pad of The Chronicles Of Rock Reality Show, to dump all developing programs.
Forward to 2011, Portland’s only rock & metal radio station, 101 KUFO, officially unplugged its audio signals. Within 24 hours…the birth of TCOR Radio–with trademarks in place, ASCAP & BMI approved and a worldwide stream of web and mobile technology at the metal fingertips of the masses. With the decline of FM “tower” radio, TCOR took the highway to hell and has evolved with the future of radio: mobile apps. “I haven’t listened to my FM radio in years,” states TCOR Radio founder mrBlack. “In my opinion and based on extensive research, the future is mobile technology. You can literally log on to www.tcorradio.com and hit the radio play button and the station is live through whatever audio source you choose (iTunes, iPad, Computer, Android Phone, iHome docking station). You can grab any smartphone such as the iPhone, Android or even Blackberry and click on our TCOR app…BOOM, the stream immediately loads and begins playing the TCOR Radio broadcast. This, in my professional opinion, is the new way to rock!”
NEW 24/7 TCOR RADIO 2012 SCHEDULE
- Klassic Vault - The best in classic 60′s, 70′s, 80′s (butt rock) and any new digs that have a classic twang to ‘em. If it’s oldschool and it rocks…it’s in the Vault!
- Pedal To The Metal - The Best in high-octane rock, metal and industrial music. Limited commercials and kick ass adrenaline audio. In other words…it gets a little heavier after Noon!
- Rock & Metal Mix - Everything genre of rock & metal can find a way into the mix. If it’s a random kick ass track then you will hear it every…
- The Pit - Metal, metal & more metal. Speed and Thrash metal…duh! If it’s got balls…it’s on The Pit.
- The Pit: EXTREME - Yes! A Show for the extreme Death, Black Metal & Grindcore fan. It’s The Pit with bigger and faster balls!!!
- The RockIT Kong Flying Sirkiss - If it’s weird, if the timing is off, and if it’s abstract metal that bends the rules…it’s on the Kong show. Experience madness within metal every weekend!
- Unsigned - All unsigned, all independent…all rock & metal for 8 straight hours!!! Want to hear your band on Unsigned? Send us music for review. See the contact page for details.